Removing the front door panel is very straight forward and simple. It took me about 5 minutes to remove the door panel. Both driver door and passenger door panels come off the same way. Just like any time you remove body panels, if it feels like you're about to break something, you're doing it right (unless you're using a hammer).
* The example is the passenger door, but it's the same with driver door.
1) Using a small screw driver or pick, push in on the center of the round clip. This clip is located on the upper left side of the door panel.
2) Using a small screw driver or pick, pull back the cover and unscrew. There are 2 of them. One under the pull handle and one behind the door latch.
3) Pull from the bottom left corner and start working your way along the bottom of the door and then along the sides. To me, starting at that corner seems to be the easiest place to get a grip and work the door panel.
4) Once you work the door panel free, lift up on the top and it should come off. Once the door panel is off, disconnect the window/door lock controls (green arrow). You'll also see 2 cables (red arrow) connecting to the door lock and door latch. Disconnect those and the door panel is free.